Sunday, January 27, 2013

Rainbows' Last Strike


36" x 48" oil on canvas
 






"Double Rainbow" (right)
A close up of the last strike this guy will ever make. His companion on the other hand, looks on to hunt another day.




           "Foragers of the Fall" (Below)


A buck and two doe forage up wind from the fly fisher in the fall colored quakies.






                                "The Attack from Below"




Its amazing how oil paint allows so many different looks as the lighting changes around it through out the day. I'm not happy with the lighting of this shot but it gives you a better look at the detail.








          "The Spot"


I took the opportunity to make myself the fly fisherman. As you can see this is the first time I put a person in a painting. Notice I'm not holding a pole, the painting is still wet in this shot so I have to wait for it to dry before I paint in the thin dark line. Correcting mistakes on a dry canvas is a lot easier.
 Any of these posted shots of the piece can be made into prints. Let us know what title you are interested in.

                 This type of frame is preferred by artist

No comments:

Post a Comment